The best topic

Replies: 10550
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 05, 2024, 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

The Motor Cycle Thingy this weekend

Started by cc, April 28, 2022, 02:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/will-ottawa-police-be-prepared-for-the-rolling-thunder-convoy-experts-weigh-in-1.5880355">As a convoy of bikers heads to the nation's capital this weekend, all eyes are on the Ottawa Police Service as it works to avoid a repeat of the 'Freedom Convoy' occupation that paralyzed downtown streets for weeks earlier this year.

Around 500 motorcycles participating in the "Rolling Thunder" convoy are expected to roll into Ottawa on Friday for a series of rallies and other events throughout the week.

Ottawa police were widely criticized for its lack of enforcement action during the "Freedom Convoy" trucker occupation. But Steve Bell, the city's interim police chief, has vowed to make sure the police force "will not allow for unsafe or unlawful conditions that could lead to another unlawful protest."

Ottawa City Councillor Theresa Kavanagh says "there's no doubt" that police will be better prepared this time.

Police are setting up an exclusion zone for vehicles around Ottawa's downtown core and Byward Market. Roads will only be open for residential and business traffic, pedestrians, cyclists and public transit.

"We're ready now. The rust is off. The police agencies are prepared to deal with any unlawful forms of protest that may come up.

Ottawa residents are pre-emptively parking their own cars on the street to prevent a protester from possibly parking in front of their homes.

With proper planning and good intelligence, Kempa says the trucker convoy would have never "spired out of control."

"We don't need to get back to that situation of emergency ever again. And the inquiry is designed to uncover what went wrong, so that we never do the same thing for the same reasons twice," he said.

[As to what they are protesting, I can't find a clear reason even on the organizer's website.. the "what" is even less clear than back last winter]
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=448277 time=1651171663 user_id=88
As a convoy of bikers heads to the nation's capital this weekend, all eyes are on the Ottawa Police Service as it works to avoid a repeat of the 'Freedom Convoy' occupation that paralyzed downtown streets for weeks earlier this year.

Around 500 motorcycles participating in the "Rolling Thunder" convoy are expected to roll into Ottawa on Friday for a series of rallies and other events throughout the week.

Ottawa police were widely criticized for its lack of enforcement action during the "Freedom Convoy" trucker occupation. But Steve Bell, the city's interim police chief, has vowed to make sure the police force "will not allow for unsafe or unlawful conditions that could lead to another unlawful protest."

Ottawa City Councillor Theresa Kavanagh says "there's no doubt" that police will be better prepared this time.

Police are setting up an exclusion zone for vehicles around Ottawa's downtown core and Byward Market. Roads will only be open for residential and business traffic, pedestrians, cyclists and public transit.

"We're ready now. The rust is off. The police agencies are prepared to deal with any unlawful forms of protest that may come up.

Ottawa residents are pre-emptively parking their own cars on the street to prevent a protester from possibly parking in front of their homes.

With proper planning and good intelligence, Kempa says the trucker convoy would have never "spired out of control."

"We don't need to get back to that situation of emergency ever again. And the inquiry is designed to uncover what went wrong, so that we never do the same thing for the same reasons twice," he said.

Is this about COVID or Justin Trudeau?

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=448278 time=1651172078 user_id=3254
As a convoy of bikers heads to the nation's capital this weekend, all eyes are on the Ottawa Police Service as it works to avoid a repeat of the 'Freedom Convoy' occupation that paralyzed downtown streets for weeks earlier this year.

As to what they are protesting, I can't find a clear reason even on the organizer's website.. the "what" is even less clear and squishy /& changing than back last winter

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=448280 time=1651172694 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=448278 time=1651172078 user_id=3254

As to what they are protesting, I can't find a clear reason even on the organizer's website.. the "what" is even less clear and squishy /& changing than back last winter

Could it be just a bike rally with no political cause?

cc

The leader is calling it protest

As some are vets, those at least will be visiting the Memorial "to take it back" (even though fence was there ONLY during winter protest .. taken down immediately after and fully open to public all along since)  :confused1:

I have seen leader interviewed and visited his site & there seems only very confused objectives at best

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=448284 time=1651173759 user_id=88
The leader is calling it protest

As some are vets, those at least will be visiting the Memorial "to take it back" (even though fence was there ONLY during winter protest .. taken down immediately after and fully open to public all along since)  :confused1:

I have seen leader interviewed and visited his site & there seems only very confused objectives at best

Give them a cause and they'll protest I suppose.

Anonymous

I can't find what it's about either. Bike rallies are a shitload of fun though. I want to do one this summer.  Maybe Surgis again.

Anonymous

Organizer Neil Sheard said the event is meant to "take back" the National War Memorial.

"This is a bike rally to help heal and give back that dignity to that monument that was desecrated by the powers that be," he said.

I would hop on my hog and head to Ottawa if it was to demand Justine suspend or better yet, repeal the carbon tax. This aint urgent.

cc

Quote from: Herman post_id=448307 time=1651184441 user_id=1689
"This is a bike rally to help heal and give back that dignity to that monument that was desecrated by the powers that be," he said.

"he said", lol  .... have you listened at length to this critter? He's a loon with no clearly professed agenda

The fence was only put there out of necessity when people used it as a dance floor ... then removed the very day the trucks were towed away & the city was freed .. so what's to "take back" .. nothing is what ... just bullshit

Genuine memorial honor people have been going to it daily since the day the last ruck was towed the hell out of the way

It's all a bullshit thing ... emotion with no discernably stated legitimate direction

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=448308 time=1651184877 user_id=88
Quote from: Herman post_id=448307 time=1651184441 user_id=1689

"he says", lol  .... have you listened at length to this critter? He's a loon with no clearly professed agenda

The fence was only put there out of necessity when people used it as a dance floor ... then removed the very day the trucks were towed away & the city was freed .. so what's to "take back" .. nothing is what

It's all a bullshit thing

Even if it was placed there permanently, this a stange thing to fight about. People can't afford food or gas and this is the frickin issue that has the guy wound up??

cc

Quote from: Herman post_id=448310 time=1651185109 user_id=1689Even if it was placed there permanently, this a stange thing to fight about. People can't afford food or gas and this is the frickin issue that has the guy wound up??

Exactly - Compared to Canadians REAL problems today, this is a fart in a windstorm that doesn't appear to know where it is going .. or why

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=448312 time=1651185228 user_id=88
Quote from: Herman post_id=448310 time=1651185109 user_id=1689Even if it was placed there permanently, this a stange thing to fight about. People can't afford food or gas and this is the frickin issue that has the guy wound up??

Exactly - Compared to Canadians REAL problems today, this is a fart in a windstorm that doesn't appear to know where it is going .. or why

I would join a ride to Ottawa if there is a real issue to protest. I got the time and the money and I like like long rides with lots of other riders. I would not ride into town to join a protest over a frickin fence.

cw_

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: cw_ post_id=448339 time=1651194414 user_id=3226
I'm on my way!

">

:8brw3y9:

:thumbup: